The Deephaven Police Department is looking for someone who is committed to public safety, is self-motivated, and takes pride in his/her work. If you are looking for a department that has tremendous community support for its law enforcement professionals, then the Deephaven Police Department is the place for you. This hiring process is to add an additional officer to our department.
Deephaven is located on the southeast side of Lake Minnetonka. We have a very supportive community, Mayor and Council.
- The City of Deephaven is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
- Our current 3-year contract consists of starting pay at $34.02, or higher depending on experience, with top pay of $52.84 in 2025, plus a $1.00/hour shift differential. Lateral exceptions will be taken into account, depending on qualifications, and are encouraged to apply.
- When fully staffed, our department includes 6 full-time patrol officers, a Chief of Police and a Lieutenant. We work a 3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off schedule, alternating every other Saturday, 12-hour shifts.
- Excellent medical and dental coverage available. 100% employer-paid single health insurance coverage, with an additional contribution of $3,000 to an HSA account. Employees choosing a family HSA account will receive $6,000 annual contribution from Deephaven in 2023.
- Other benefits include a 100% tuition reimbursement program, 8-week paid parental leave, 12 paid holidays plus 2 personal days each year.
- We have streamlined the hiring process for lateral candidates, including an expedited background investigation and modified field training. Applicants must be POST licensed, or eligible, by the application deadline.
- Use these links to access the Application and Job Description to become a Deephaven Officer!
Deephaven Police Department
20225 Cottagewood Road
Deephaven, MN 55331