Building Permits

Building Permits and Contractor Licenses


To find permit history information, come to City Hall and request the house file for the address in question.
This information and inspection notices are not available any other way.

Most structures require a building permit and all structures must conform to setback requirements. Use following link to view setback requirements: Setbacks in Deephaven

The State Building Code can be viewed here: Minnesota State Building Code

Click and print the forms you need from the lists below

Find infomation and forms for Conditional Use Permits and Variances in Departments, City Planning & Zoning

Electrical Permits are issued by the City of Minnetonka.  Electrical permit applications and permit fees can be found on their website:

City of Minnetonka – Electrical Permit Applications

An electrical permit application and permit fees must be submitted to and approved by the City of Minnetonka before any electrical work may begin.

All work is subject to inspection. The City of Minnetonka does all electrical inspections. The number and type of inspections vary depending on the work being done.

It is the owner or contractors’ responsibility to call (952) 939-8394 for an inspection when the work is ready. When you call, have ready: the site address, permit number and type of inspection needed. Please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an inspection and you will be scheduled with the next available opening.

Building Permit Process

Here are the steps that are required to obtain a building permit:

  1. Contractor delivers two hard copy of the building plan to Deephaven City Hall.
  2. Once Deephaven Planning staff approves the plan, Metro West Inspection Services picks up the plans for their review.
  3. Once Metro West approves the plans, Deephaven staff calls the contractor with the permit fee amount.
  4. Contractor comes to Deephaven City Hall to pay for the permit and obtain the required inspection card.
  5. To schedule inspections, please call Metro West at (763) 479-1720.
If you cannot find what you need here, give us a call!

Contact  Planning Director Pat Smith at (952) 358-9938 for questions on:

  • Zoning
  • Setbacks
  • Variances
  • Tree Removal
  • Accessory Structures

Contact Diane Schwalbe at (952) 474-4755 for questions on:

  • Permit application form
  • Permit process
  • Fees