Building Permits and Contractor Licenses
RESIDENTS - CONTRACTORS - REALTORS
To find permit history information, come to City Hall and request the house file for the address in question.
This information and inspection notices are not available any other way.
Most structures require a building permit and all structures must conform to setback requirements. Use following link to view setback requirements: Setbacks in Deephaven
The State Building Code can be viewed here: Minnesota State Building Code
Click and print the forms you need from the lists below
- Building Permit Form
- Building Permit Form with submittal requirements - New Houses & Major Remodels
- Construction Management Agreement - New Houses & Major Remodels
Find infomation and forms for Conditional Use Permits and Variances in Departments, City Planning & Zoning
Here are the steps that are required to obtain a building permit:
- Contractor delivers one hard copy of the building plan to Deephaven City Hall.
- Once Deephaven Planning staff approves the plan, the City of Minnetonka contacts the contractor with a link for uploading plans.
- Contractor uploads plans to Minnetonka.
- Once Minnetonka approves the plans, Deephaven staff calls the contractor with the permit fee amount.
- Contractor comes to Deephaven City Hall to pay for the permit.
- Staff alerts Minnetonka that the permit has been paid.
- Minnetonka lets the contractor know that approved, annotated plans may be downloaded.
- Contractor downloads plans and prints permit card
Seasonal Load Limits are strictly enforced March 1 - May 1 (midnight)
Seasonal Load Limit Waiver Application
If approved, allows an additional 2T/axel, and costs $500.00 per truck, per round trip.
Truck Routes Map
If you cannot find what you need here, give us a call!
Contact Planning Director Pat Smith at (952) 358-9938 for questions on:
- Tree Removal
- Accessory Structures
Contact Teresa Pendleton at (952) 358-9935 for questions on:
- Permit application form
- Permit process